Review of : DigiTyping.com
Use : Transcription Job
- Payment processors : PayPal
- Minimum withdrawal : Monthly
- Easy way to earn money from home
- Great earning potential
- Only available to UK residents
- 1 What is DigiTyping about?
- 2 Is it a scam or is it legit?
- 3 What I like about it
- 4 What I don't like about it
- 5 How can you make money from DigiTyping?
- 6 Some things you should know before investing time and money
- 7 What others are saying about it
- 8 What is the best option to make money online ?
- 9 Over to you :
What is DigiTyping about?
DigiTyping is an audio transcription and copy typing service. They hire people, from around the UK, that meet their desired requirements. They “hire” them as freelancers for on-demand work.
In simple words, if you are from the UK and meet the below requirements, you can apply on their website and get paid to transcribe from your home:
- Must be registered as self-employed or be willing to do so (for tax and National insurance purposes)
- Must have a computer with Microsoft office and an antivirus software installed
- Have a broadband internet access
- Grammarly is highly recommended
- Sign a Transcriptionist Agreement
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement on per-client basis
- Over 18
- Excellent understanding of British English
- Be able to type accurately 45 wpm (words per minute)
- Good quality headphones
- Transcription software installed (FTW transcriber and Express Scribe are recommended)
Is it a scam or is it legit?
It’s a legit website, no worries about that. The only thing is that since it’s a on-demand kind of job, you might not get as much job as you want when starting out. But, as you build up your profile and reputation on the site, you’ll start receiving more and more contracts.
What I like about it
Transcription jobs are a great way to earn money from home as a freelancer. It doesn’t require much and depending on your typing speed, the earning potential is great.
What I don't like about it
You only get paid once a month and won’t get much contracts when freshly starting out.
Also, DigiTyping is only available in the UK.
Looking To Earn Money From Home?
The Best Options Sorted By Category
Tired Of "Trying"?
Let me walk you through the simple steps you should take in order to make real money online.
How can you make money from DigiTyping?
You first need to apply. The application process is mainly about answering a couple of questions, to make sure you meet the requirements and a grammar test at the end.
After what, if you’ve passed the test of course, you’ll be invited to take a transcription test. Upon success of that test, you’ll then be ask to sign the Transcriptionist Agreement.
If all goes well, you’ll be able to login and see the list of all of their available work. You’ll have the ability to see all instructions and requirements for each before downloading the files and getting to work.
The job consists of transcribing the audio files into your transcription software and then uploading it back to the site. The quality-control team reviews the work to make sure it’s up to their standards before sending the work back to the client.
The pay rate is about 7.5 euros per hour if you type at a 45wpm rate and 10 euros if you type at a 60wpm rate. The money you earn is then send to you, once a month, around the 15th, via PayPal.
Some things you should know before investing time and money
Transcription jobs really are a great way to earn from home. Since earnings highly depend on your typing rate/speed and the quality of your transcription, it’s a great idea to invest a little in learning the best practices, tips and tricks.
What others are saying about it
What is the best option to make money online ?
Well, transcription jobs are quite an easy way to make money from your home.
If you’re looking for more simple tasks sites that pay, you should take a look at my complete GPT list here.
Not enough? Check out my gigantic list of work at home opportunities.
Curious about how I make my money online? Here’s the exact process I use to earn from home.
Over to you :
What’s your take on DigiTyping? What’s your favorite transcription job/website?